Terms & conditions
Eligibility to Use the Website
Unless otherwise stated, Cygnus and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages or other content from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- Show any material from the website in public;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- Redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organization.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cygnus makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website, or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Cygnus does not warrant that:
- This website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- The information on this website is complete, true, accurate, or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
Limitations of liability:
Cygnus will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- To the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- For any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- For any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if Cygnus has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in these terms and conditions will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in the terms and conditions will exclude or limit Cygnus’s liability in respect of any:
- Death or personal injury caused by Cygnus’s negligence.
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Cygnus’s; or
- Matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Cygnus to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in these terms and conditions are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Cygnus has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Cygnus’ shareholders, officers, employees, agents or consultants in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Cygnus’ shareholders. officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, and sub-contractors as well as Cygnus.
Business Use of our Website
You hereby undertake to indemnify Cygnus and keep Cygnus indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities, and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by Cygnus to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of Cygnus’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by Cygnus arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions:
Without prejudice to Cygnus’ other rights under these Terms and Conditions, if you breach these Terms and Conditions in any way, Cygnus may take such action as Cygnus deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or initiating court proceedings against you.
Security, Viruses & Availability
The Internet is an insecure public network which means there are risks that information sent to or from this Website may be intercepted, corrupted or modified by third parties. In addition, files obtained from or through this Website may contain computer viruses, disabling codes, worms or other devices or defects. You acknowledge that your use of this Website is entirely at your own risk. You bear the risks and responsibility for any loss or damage caused, directly or indirectly, by these risks, and Cygnus accepts no liability for any interference with, or damage to, your devices, software or data occurring in connection with this Website.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
We provide this Website, including software upgrades and online services, using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that we do not promise. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, the Website is provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Cygnus expressly disclaims all liability for any loss, damage, expense, and costs incurred by any person arising out of accessing, downloading, using or relying on any of the information on this Website including, but not limited to:
- Use of the Website for a purpose for which it was not intended;
- any inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the content or services available via the Website;
- any interpretations or opinions stated in, or which may be inferred from, content posted on the Website.
Unless and to the extent applicable law prohibits this limitation, Cygnus is not liable to you for any consequential, special, incidental, or indirect damages of any kind arising out of your use or reliance of this Website.
If a dispute arises regarding these Terms & Conditions, it will be governed by the federal laws of the United Arab Emirates and the courts of jurisdiction shall be the UAE courts in the Emirate of Dubai.